Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The First Birthday

Well, one year ago, I was on bed rest, dilated to a 4 and 85% effaced. That afternoon the doctor said we would have Ian the next day and I quickly asked if we could do it today. I think I took him back by jumping at the opportunity! That night at 10:38 we had our precious baby boy, Ian Archer.

Today we celebrate the gift of Ian! What an amazing blessing! He has done so much and learned a lot about different things. I have learned A LOT too! I have learned how much more difficult being a parent is than I had ever dreamed! I learned that love is infinite and so is learning. I have learned that babies are so much more amazing than we give them credit! The most amazing part of being a mommy is realizing that you have but one chance to raise a wonderful child that will, Lord willing, become an amazing man.

Today, I pray that Ian will follow the Lord with his whole heart and mind. I pray that he will grow and flourish as a kind and good man. I also hope and pray that Ian will love his mother and father.

No comments: