Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So many firsts!


Ian is now 10 months old, and I just can't believe how much he has changed in just the last two weeks! He has started crawling, feeding himself more, cutting two top teeth, and the infamous separation anxiety has finally reared its ugly head!

Ian has always been a happy baby. He was content to sit still on a blanket and play with one toy for 30 minutes. Not now! He wants to crawl and pull up on everything! I used to be able to walk out of a room and he would be fine. Not so! He has to see me! He is afraid I am gone forever!

The teeth, oh the teeth! As everyone knows, babies get fussy when they cut teeth and that has been the case thus far. He is doing better now. He has two teeth on the top sticking through the gum. He bit me the other day while nursing! AHHHH! That HURT! Soon he will be weaned and this phase of biting while nursing will be over.

Ian has never had too much of a problem with me feeding him baby food. Lately, he wants to do it. I have been making him grilled cheese and avocado sandwiches, and he loves them! He also likes banana pancakes. Fruit and vegetables are slowly coming along. He is learning to like the texture more, but he still gags a little.

We are so excited that Ian's first birthday is fast approaching! We are hoping to take him to the Plano Senior Center to donate yarn. We know the seniors will enjoy seeing his chubby little cheeks. I plan to decorate his stroller with balloons. We want to teach Ian that he has a responsibility to give back. God gave him the gift of life, and we want him to show others God's love.

No comments: