Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Power of Prayer

As you may have noticed, I have added a "Pray for Harper" logo on the site. I don't know this family except for their blog that I have been following. Likewise, they do not know me. My friend Mandi Shelfer has their family on her blog and that is how I came to know that this sweet baby girl existed.

Baby Harper was born with some significant physical difficulties. I have been truly touched by the testimony of her Godly parents. They are clinging to their faith and church family to get them through this very difficult and uncertain time.

Dear Lord,
Please be with baby Harper tonight. We know that you are in control of the situation, and we thank you for that. Continue to grant her parents the "peace that passeth all understanding". Bless the hands that care for her every day. Give her mother peace. I can't imagine how she must feel. She can't hold her or feed her. She can't do the things that mothers often take for granted. Thank you for salvation that only you alone can give.

This I pray in your son's holy name. Amen.

No comments: