Friday, August 3, 2012

Window Treatments

So I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner to show window treatments!  Our house doesn't have very many treatments.  Our son has severe allergies and asthma so we try to keep fabrics and carpet to a minimum. Having said that, I did recently make these treatments in our bedroom!


I managed to purchase the fabric at Hobby Lobby for a great price!  The fabric is 55 inches wide and 3 1/2 yards long.  I cut the fabric in half length wise.  After doing so, I folded each half with the print side of the fabric on the inside.  I sewed a long seam and then one end completely closed.  The other end, I seamed all the way but left about four inches unstitched.  I turned the fabric inside out to the print side and sewed up the four inches I had left open.  I pressed the curtains after I finished sewing.  Then all I had to do was hang them!  I purchased two inexpensive cafe rods and a pack of rings with clips.  I clipped the rings onto the fabric to get it to swag just the way I wanted.  TA DA!  All finished!



This is our kitchen treatment I made!  It is similar to our bedroom but just a bit different!  I had left over fabric so I had to piece it together to get a long enough stretch to cover the whole window.  I just ran a basic seam along the top, bottom and sides.  Then I added the pom pom trim along the bottom.  Along the top I sewed three strips of ribbon to tie the treatment.  I purchased 3 door knob pulls at Hobby Lobby and used dry wall anchors to help screw each knob into the wall.  Once I had placed the knobs, I tied each strip of ribbon to the knob!  There you have it!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner to check out your window treatments.
I recently changed our master bedroom curtains from tab light blue curtains to chocolate brown blackout. What a positive difference they made.
I still want to purchase something for our patio doors. Maybe I'll get some ideas from my tour!
Great job on the window treatments. I love your fabric choices.

Anonymous said...

its so impressive to see what people can make on their own!

way to go!

amy from houston, over from kelly's korner