Wednesday, February 9, 2011

30 years in review

Yesterday was my 30th birthday.  I actually prefer to call it "the first anniversary of my 29th birthday."  Well, whatever I choose to call it, I have been on earth for 30 years.  I started thinking back and listing some blessings so I thought I would share.

God gave me to two wonderful people to call their daughter.  I was then blessed with my sister and brother.  I enjoyed a wonderful childhood and grew up in a godly home.  We attended services at a small, sovereign grace chuch where we are still members.  My parents, however, last year they felt God's leading to seek fellowship else where.  We are still praying for God's leadership in our lives regarding this matter.  I graduated high school in '99 and continued my education at Richland college where I would meet my husband.

In 2000, Matt and I were married in our church.  We built a home and our lives together.  We both continued our educations. Matt attended UTD to complete his masters, and I graduated with my associates and transfered to UTD to complete my bachelor's degree.  Matt completed his master's and continued his doctoral studies, while I graduated in 2007 with my BA all while I worked in dentistry.

God blessed me with an amazing opportunity to work in an amazing periodontal practice.  God knew they were a good fit for me, and I matured and grew so much while I worked.  They supported and encouraged me while I worked 30+ hours a week and took 15 credit hours at UTD.  They were such a blessing.  After 7 years, I resigned as a surgical assistant to welcome our little boy in 2008. 

May 2008, Ian was born, and God made a way for me to stay home to care for our baby boy.  August 2009, on Matt and I's 9th anniversary, we learned we were going to be parents a second time!  We welcomed our sweet baby girl, Clara in March 2010 just before Matt took an offer as full-time faculty in the history department at Eastfield College. 

I just wanted to share some amazing blessings I have experienced in my 30 years.  I am still seeking God's will for my life, and I pray God has many more blessings in store for my family and me.

No comments: