Monday, October 5, 2009

Holy Cow!






















Ian and his new friend

Well, this weekend, my dad and I took Ian to the Texas State Fair! It has been a long standing tradition since I was a little girl. My dad would take me one of the first weekends the fair opened so I could watch the horses! My sweet dad would sit for hours in the arena and watch the horses go around in circles. I think about it now and wonder how in the world he could stand it!!

This year Ian was old enough that we could make it a family affair. We loaded up bright and early (8:30 a.m.) and caught the DART. It was Ian's first train ride too! We arrived at 10 a.m. and hit the livestock first. Ian was able to experience his very first real cow! This particular cow seemed very interested in Ian too! It was resting on it's side when we walked up, but then it stood up and came right over to Ian. I thought the cow would lick his toe!!! Anyway, here are a couple of photos!








Oh, and we took Ian to see the auto show! He loves cars and just kept saying, "whoa!"

No comments: