Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cheerio ya'll!

I have been very nervous when it comes to feeding Ian anything truly solid. He does great with his baby food, but when it comes to anything outside of the box, oh boy!

I decided that I needed to get over the fear of Ian choking. I have given him Cheerio's in the past, but he just plays with them. Today, I helped him by putting one in his mouth and demonstrating how to self feed by feeding myself one. I hate Cheerio's but tried to remain neutral during the demonstration. He ate it without so much of a gag! After a while of playing, he put one in his mouth!! YEAH! After that one, he tried again! I am so proud!

Tonight, we went to dinner and I decided to try giving him some of my table food. He did AWESOME! He ate rice and beans! He absolutely LOVED it! I guess mom doesn't always know best!

1 comment:

Mark and Mandi said...

Have you ever tried him on puffs? I heard they are easier then cheerios...just an idea but sounds like he's doing great!